Michigan Dutch Barns is committed to providing the very best service for all our customers. However it is important you take a few moments to read this policy in order for us to better serve you.
Site prep requirements:
- Site must be clear of all debris. MDB will not set a building on brush, trash or in tall un-mowed grass. It is important for our crew to be able to access all four sides of the building (3’ space minimum). We are not responsible to move obstacles on or in the path to the site. Please have these items cleared prior to our arrival.
- We will not level any building where the ground falls more than 12” from end to end or side to side. It is the customer’s responsibility to verify the slope prior to delivery. Please remember the longer your building the more the fall will be magnified. Example: if the ground falls 1” in 1’ and your building is 30’ long, your fall from one end to the other will be 30”. Our general leveling policy is as follows:
- 0″ to 6″/ blocking and leveling is provided free of charge.
- 7″ to 12″/ blocking and leveling will be provided for an extra cost $75.00 (This fee will be due and payable to the driver at the time of delivery)
- Beyond 12″ MDB WILL NOT LEVEL for liability reasons. In this case customer shall be responsible for leveling his/her own building.
- MDB will not level a building larger than 240 sq. ft. For building larger than 200 sq. ft. we highly recommend a site prepared with a limestone base or concrete to insure longevity of life for your new storage unit.
- If lime stone base is prepared prior to MDB arrival and not installed level. MDB is not responsible to rake or level lime stone
- We will allow our driver 1 hour from the time he arrives until the barn is leveled. This is a very reasonable time allotment. In most cases where the above conditions are met it will take less then ½ hour. If our driver is detained for any reason beyond his control, the customer will be charged at a rate of $75.00 per hour rounded to the nearest ½ hour. If driver is turned back due to unfit site conditions, customer is liable for all additional charges.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to check for low hanging telephone and electric wires. A minimum of 14’ of height is needed
- It is the customer’s responsibility to check for low tree branches in the path to the site. Please remove branches in question prior to our arrival. Failure to do so could result in a charge as described above.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to monitor the ground conditions of the site. Weather can sometimes make delivery impossible. Undesirable ground condition can create extra time and costs. (i.e. Soft and muddy ground). It is the responsibility of the customer to remove any snow from the site if delivery is to be attempted in the winter and inform MDB prior to delivery if conditions on property are not suitable for delivery. Any expenses for the use of a tow truck or other equipment for the retrieval of our truck and driver will be billed to the customer.
- MDB is not responsible for damage done to customer property due to weather conditions or tight delivery conditions. By the same reasoning, damage done to the unit being delivered shall not be the responsibility of MDB.
- We deliver with a 4 x 4 Pick up Truck with an 18’-26’ trailer and a mule. While this delivery system is much more versatile then conventional equipment, sharp turns in tight places are impossible. Paths that are 4’ wider than your building width will be considered adequate. Sharp turns require more. Please provide sales person with a detailed site map marking all buildings, trees, flower beds, shrubbery, etc. that would obstruct in the delivery process. Your sales person will explain the process and help you determine the best way your building should be loaded. All deliveries unload from the rear of the trailer.
- Our dispatch department will call you a few days ahead of the actual delivery and arrange for delivery date. Payment in full is expected at the time of delivery.
- All building, zoning and variances permits shall be the full responsibility of customer unless otherwise noted. Most counties require a permit for any structure over 200 square feet.
This policy paper supersedes any previous written or verbalized policies.